iOS Developer | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is seeking a talented iOS application engineer that is passionate about iOS, Objective-C, and Swift and thrives on solving complex engineering problems with simple, elegant solutions.
As an iOS developer, your typical week will involve collaborating with product and other engineering teams such as Android, frontend, backend, and QA to plan and build out of new features and infrastructure to build reliable and cohesive financial products. You will primarily work in Swift and Objective-C.
You are not expected to have experience with both Swift and Objective-C. We're looking for experienced engineers that love learning new technologies on the job, think creatively to solve complex problems, and enjoy working collaboratively.
Acorns provides an outstanding opportunity to take an active role in shaping an award-winning product working with our talented team of engineers, designers and investment industry experts who are obsessed with introducing investing to millions of people around the world through our revolutionary new investment platform.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Introduce yourself and work with the various teams here from backend, QA, compliance, securities and more.
- Learn about our roadmap and all the exciting new projects coming soon.
- Get your first project into the Apple App Store and learn about our development processes.
- Familiarize yourself with our codebase and products.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Produce complex user interfaces and experiences for native iOS applications based on detailed UI/UX designs.
- Integrate with in-house and third-party RESTful data APIs.
- Analyze, debug and resolve application issues which affect the end-user experience.
- Work with minimal supervision to extend and improve the Acorns native iOS application working as part of an agile software development team.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Have demonstrated excellence within the engineering organization.
- Built products that are being used daily by our millions of users.
- Be someone other team members go to for advice or questions on services you helped build.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience building native, data-driven iOS applications using Apple Xcode/Objective-C and/or Swift
- One or more applications successfully deployed to the Apple App Store with multiple releases/updates
- Demonstrable skills and experience in implementing high-performance, dynamic UI programmatically using both conventional and autolayout strategies
- Experience implementing third-party SDKs on iOS (Social Media, Marketing/Crash Analytics, etc)
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented (OO) application design and development, Cocoa Touch design patterns, algorithm design
- Experience working as part of an agile software development team including interaction with a source code repository (GitHub or SVN)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
2. Make bold decisions
3. Always build trust
4. Never stop growing
5. Advance our society