VP of UX | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is seeking a VP of UX to drive our overall product vision and oversee and guide rapid, iterative conceptual design.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to create and align a product strategy and inform roadmaps with usability improvement
- Define, share and communicate UX perspectives, goals and product artifacts to ensure product excellence
- Collaborate with Engineering to provide design requirements, understand implementation feasibility, define standards, and manage deadlines
- Participate in all stages of the product design and development lifecycle, including generative research, concepting and definition, prototyping, UI design, and testing
- Establish a strong design culture by maintaining an understanding of emerging trends and practices
- Build, develop, and mentor a team of creative UX designers, UX developers and Architects
- 7-10+ years of relevant work experience in UX; Expertise in visual, interaction design and prototyping
- 5+ years of experience growing high performing user experience teams
- Proven track record owning user experience/interaction design of products, sites and/or applications
- Deep understanding of responsive and adaptive design; Ability to iterate on concepts, driving definition to detailed execution
- Expert knowledge of design principles: including typography, color theory, as well as user-centered interface design processes, methodology and UI best practices
- Demonstrated skills creating process flows, site maps, wireframes, prototypes, and other UX deliverables
- Highly analytical in using data and metrics to uncover insights and drive business performance
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with demanding deadlines in a team environment
- High interpersonal ability and influence skills to lead projects working across a variety of functions
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.