Software Engineer (Ruby) | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
- Translate business requirements for enhancements to a complex financial platform into scalable solutions
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Proficient Ruby coding skills
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL
- API design and implementation experience
- Object oriented fundamentals (OOA, OOP, OOD)
- Understanding of basic algorithms and data structures
- TDD and BDD experience (e.g. using frameworks such as RSpec/Capybara)
- Experience in building high-performance, reliable and scalable services
- Knowledge of Agile development
- Financial Institution experience
- Contribution to Open Source project(s)
- Experience with building ruby gems or equivalent
- Experience with Amazon Web Services infrastructure (especially Docker!)
- Willingness to experiment with new technologies
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.