Security Analyst | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in in the revolution.
The Security Analyst is responsible for facilitating the implementation and ongoing governance of IT Service Level Management, Business Continuity, and Information Security at Acorns. The primary responsibility of the Security Analyst is work with Acorns stakeholders, including but not limited to: executives, engineering, compliance, and investor success to coordinate proper implementation of ITIL, ISMS, and BC/DR policies, procedures, and audits.
- Lead Acorn’s information security function to proactively identify and manage security risks by developing, implementing, and enforcing security policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Develop proactive approach to identify or risks, vulnerabilities, and issues in Acorn’s environments and collaboratively drive to mitigation.
- Implementation / Governance of Information Security Certifications (SOC, PCI, ISO27001)
- Coordinate Internal IS Audits.
- Maintain security and compliance calendar.
- Responsible for Service Level and Event Management reporting on service delivery metrics (SLAs) providing visibility into overall availability and performance. These duties include but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Leads efforts to improve and coordinate the delivery of IT Services using IT Service Management Processes (ITIL) best practices
- Monitoring of Services and Service Levels (SLAs)
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Service Level Reporting for key stakeholders
- Root Cause Analysis related to Service Level Impacts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information System Management, relevant field, or equivalent field experience.
- 5 years of information security or related experience
- 1-3 years of experience as a Project or Program Manager.
- Professional experience with Project Management, Software Development, Risk Management, and IT Service Management.
- Professional experience building and managing relationships with clients, partners, vendors and service providers.
- Professional experience leading Risk Management, Compliance, and Security related programs facilitating Risk Assessments, Compliance, Data, and Security Audits.
- Formal understanding of IT Service Management (ITIL).
- Formal understanding of IT Security and Risk Management (CIA, CISA, CISSP)
- Experience with service desk and collaboration tools (Service Desk, Jira, etc)
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA, or Security+ are desirable
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches and an endless supply of snacks
- Stumptown cold brew coffee for the fearless
- Beautiful, chill office space with graffiti art
- Shiny, new MacBooks and iMacs
- Daily meditation break
- Corporate gym access
- Cool, smart people and strong sense of community
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
2. Make bold decisions
3. Always build trust
4. Never stop growing
5. Advance our society