aCommerce is the leading end-to-end ecommerce enabler in S.E.Asia, delivering customized ecommerce solutions for global brands such as L’Oreal, Samsung, and Unilever.
Founded in June 2013, aCommerce now has over 2,000 staff across multiple offices and fulfillment centers in Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines. We provide world-class end-to-end ecommerce solutions to bring brands into online retail.
This role, Senior Data Engineer, is part of our world-class Engineering team, based in Bangkok.
The role and key responsibilities:
- Design and develop software and systems capable of extracting relevant business events from our supply chain applications and organizing it for retrieval in a large column-store oriented data warehouse.
- Develop systems that extract relevant business events from other support systems (CRM, Ecommerce, etc) and integrate them into the data warehouse
- Work closely with Business Intelligence analysts to provide them best-of-breed self-service tools that allow them to extract and transform these business events into business insights
- Write queries for extracting of relevant data from the data warehouse into domain specific data marts
- Evaluate technology products for purchase and integration into the aCommerce platform
- Coach and develop other engineers to foster the creation of a high performing team Capabilities
Your skills, experiences and qualifications:
- 5+ years of software engineering, software integration or other similar roles.
- Demonstrated experience working with ETL and ELT tools and pipelines
- Experience in writing SQL with a preference for complex queries typically required to access data structured in a star schema
- Experience in at least one server-side programming language such as Java, Python or Ruby preferred. Proficiency with multiple languages a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively in written English as aCommerce works in multiple countries in Southeast Asia is required. Strong Oral English skills preferred.
- Proven ability to understand business requirements and be able to express them in computer language and data structures.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding data modeling techniques allowing effective capture of business events
- Experience with big data systems that allow for the reduction of processing time of large data sets a plus
- Experience in evaluating open source products and libraries for adoption into a larger system a plus.
- Ability to clarify and drive adoption of standards and practices that help to improve the efficiency of the larger team a strong plus.
We want everyone at aCommerce to grow and develop, and our continuous focus on our unique "DNA" helps to create our high-performing but fun and friendly environment where people really can do their best work. You can find all our DNA at https://www.acommerce.asia/jobs/, see if this sounds like you!
We are committed to equal opportunities for all of our colleagues and to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at aCommerce are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, gender, sexuality, age, family or parental status, or any other status that may be protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
We are a fast moving start-up, and we recognize that often means “young and male”, but at aCommerce we have tremendous gender, age and racial diversity, which we prize, and we encourage everyone who is passionate about what they do, and prepared to put in 100%, to apply.
More about aCommerce:
13 Asian Startups To Watch In 2016 : http://techcrunch.com/gallery/2016-asian-startups/slide/10
aCommerce Lands Strategic Investment To Expand In Southeast Asia : http://techcrunch.com/2015/12/08/acommerce-lands-strategic-investment-to-expand-in-southeast-asia
Southeast Asian Logistics Firm aCommerce Raises $5M Ahead Of Series B : http://techcrunch.com/2015/05/10/acommerce-5-million-for-logistics-in-southeast-asia
Logistics Company aCommerce Raises $10.7M Series A To Serve Southeast Asia’s Booming E-Commerce Market: http://techcrunch.com/2014/06/08/logistics-company-acommerce-raises-10-7m-series-a-to-serve-southeast-asias-booming-e-commerce-market