aCommerce Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for building a world-class platform that helps us, and our clients, utilize business on Southeast Asia's ecommerce sites, and marketplaces.
A successful candidate will lead a team to design and develop large-scale data oriented applications to facilitate the business conducting over ecommerce websites such as sales and inventory forecast, pricing optimization, targeted marketing, and etc.
Furthermore, candidate should expect to work with other team members on the design and implementation of core platform technologies (data warehouse, inventory, etc.) and product owners to build out services and related workflows.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identify, design, and implement software, and analytic tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into fulfillment operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Evolve existing applications to support new requirements, and constantly growing data
- Works closely with internal customers (e.g. Commerce) and members of IT (e.g. Architecture, Infrastructure, Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance) to ensure the highest quality software
- Take parts in continuously improving the skills/knowledge/productivity of team members
- 7+ years of software engineering, software integration or other similar roles
- Proficient knowledge in at least one server-side programming language such as Java, .NET, Python or Ruby
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, relational database design and efficient methods for working with large size of data
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
- Strong ability to communicate in English, both written and oral form
- Ability to make constructive observations of how the team is working, and willingness to contribute suggestions to the team in order to improve the overall process and efficiency