aCommerce is the leading end-to-end ecommerce enabler in S.E.Asia, delivering customized ecommerce solutions for global brands such as L’Oreal, Samsung, and Unilever.
Founded in June 2013, aCommerce now has over 2,000 staff across multiple offices and fulfillment centers in Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines. We provide world-class end-to-end ecommerce solutions to bring brands into online retail.
This role, Full Stack Developer, is part of our amazing/world-class/business-critical/award-winning/dedicated Technology and Development team, based in Bangkok/Thailand.
The role and key responsibilities:
We are seeking a creative and enthusiastic Full-stack developer/Senior full-stack developer. The team applies Agile methodologies to build ecommerce solutions for global brands such as L’Oréal Group, LINE, Abbott, Unilever, Nescafe and more. The team is responsible for all aspects of development and change to ecommerce platforms, from development through to ongoing maintenance and technical support.
The successful candidate will work within an established distributed Scrum Team. Technology is used to ensure effective and close collaboration between the team members who are typically located in different location. In addition to day-to-day Scrum Team commitments, the aspirations for the successful candidate will be to take responsibility as a technical lead within a Scrum team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Implement simplified and emergent design and architectural principles & patterns to develop a well-engineered, high quality solution.
- Implement and refactor code in accordance with agreed coding and quality standards, be fully aware of technical debt.
- Practice continuous integration, check-in frequently, resolve build and test failures immediately and adhere to design and coding standards.
- Practice test-driven development by writing automated (unit & integration) tests prior to building code to maintain high test coverage
- Collaborate with PO/PM and Quality Assurance (QA) to help in the definition of user stories, acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Produce appropriate documentation such as design discussion papers, coding comments, key decision register and user documentation.
- Participate in design and technical workshop discussions, story definition, planning and estimation sessions.
- Contribute to the agile development process (Scrum framework) and utilize XP engineering practices where necessary.
- Provides guidance and assistance to team in any aspect of program design, creation, unit testing and documentation.
- Considers wider impact of code changes when design and implementation (security, performance, operational requirements etc.).
- Demonstrate continuous improvement by inspecting and adapting new ideas for improving solutions, tools and processes. Implement technical solution to correct a defective function of the issue. All works must be carried out with the highest quality to ensure the integrity of the product and meet client's expectations.
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language such as PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, .NET.
- Proficient understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and responsive design
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop), and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of source control management tools such as GIT
- Ability to work with QA engineers on creating automated tests
- Ability to communicate effectively in written English as aCommerce works in multiple countries in Southeast Asia. Strong Oral English skills preferred
- Self-motivated team player
- Results oriented, with project completion a key facet
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight timelines, whilst maintaining quality
- Ability to make constructive observations of how the team is working, and willingness to contribute suggestions to the team in order to improve the overall process and efficiency
We want everyone at aCommerce to grow and develop, and our continuous focus on our unique "DNA" helps to create our high-performing but fun and friendly environment where people really can do their best work. You can find all our DNA at https://www.acommerce.asia/jobs/, see if this sounds like you!
We are committed to equal opportunities for all of our colleagues and to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at aCommerce are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, gender, sexuality, age, family or parental status, or any other status that may be protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
We are a fast moving start-up, and we recognize that often means “young and male”, but at aCommerce we have tremendous gender, age and racial diversity, which we prize, and we encourage everyone who is passionate about what they do, and prepared to put in 100%, to apply.
More about aCommerce:
13 Asian Startups To Watch In 2016 : http://techcrunch.com/gallery/2016-asian-startups/slide/10
aCommerce Lands Strategic Investment To Expand In Southeast Asia : http://techcrunch.com/2015/12/08/acommerce-lands-strategic-investment-to-expand-in-southeast-asia
Southeast Asian Logistics Firm aCommerce Raises $5M Ahead Of Series B : http://techcrunch.com/2015/05/10/acommerce-5-million-for-logistics-in-southeast-asia
Logistics Company aCommerce Raises $10.7M Series A To Serve Southeast Asia’s Booming E-Commerce Market: http://techcrunch.com/2014/06/08/logistics-company-acommerce-raises-10-7m-series-a-to-serve-southeast-asias-booming-e-commerce-market