aCommerce Software Engineer will be responsible for building a world-class platform for integrating Southeast Asia's ecommerce sites, and marketplaces.
A successful candidate will design and develop large-scale server-side applications to facilitate integration between ecommerce websites and aCommerce platform, along with the user interfaces necessary to manage those integrations.
Furthermore, candidates should expect to work with other team members on the design and implementation of core platform technologies (service communication, authentication, inventory, etc.) and product owners to build out services and related workflows.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design and implement systems capable of integrating marketplaces and E-Commerce sites with the aCommerce Channel Management platform
- Works closely with internal customers (e.g. Commerce) and members of IT (e.g. Architecture, Infrastructure, Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance) to ensure the highest quality software
- Practice test-driven development by writing automated (unit & integration) tests prior to building code to maintain high test coverage
- Demonstrate continuous improvement by inspecting and adapting new ideas for improving solutions, tools and processes
- Experience in at least one server-side programming language such as Java, Python or Ruby required
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proven ability to understand business requirements and be able to express them in computer language
- Ability to communicate in English, both written and oral form
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight timelines, whilst maintaining quality
Founded in May 2013, aCommerce has over 1,400 staff across offices and fulfillment centres in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.
The company is committed to equal opportunities for all of employees and to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at aCommerce are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, gender, sexuality, age, family or parental status, or any other status that may be protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.