The aCommerce Development Engineers will be responsible for building a world-class platform for managing the logistics of hundreds of Southeast Asia's E-Commerce sites.
This platform will include services for:
- managing inventory across multiple warehouses and distribution channels within Southeast Asia.
- Interfacing with a large collection of 3rd party logistics suppliers along with developing systems for cost-effectively managing the routing of order among those suppliers
- Interfacing with a variety of E-Commerce sites and market places to handle the delivery of purchased product
A successful candidate will develop and enhance large-scale server-side applications along with the web-based and mobile User Interfaces necessary to manage those applications.
Furthermore, candidates will be able to utilize newer technologies such as big data infrastructures, Business intelligence systems all with the most modern of development environments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop software and systems capable of managing inventory and workflows related to the sale of goods on e-commerce sites and shopping channels.
- Design and implement real-time and batch APIs for allowing marketplaces and E-Commerce sites and companies to interface with the aCommerce platform.
- Work closely with warehouse teams to improve the flow of goods through the warehouse including the incorporation of high tech scanners, scales and similar equipment.
- Evaluate technology products for purchase and integration into the aCommerce platform
- 2+ years of software engineering, software integration or other similar roles
- Experience in at least one server-side programming language such as Java, Python or Ruby required
- Ability to communicate effectively in written English as aCommerce works in multiple countries in Southeast Asia.
- Strong Oral English skills preferred.
- Proven ability to understand business requirements and be able to express them in computer language.
- Experience with mobile development a plus
- Experience interfacing hand-held scanners or other warehouse automation devices a plus
Founded in May 2013, aCommerce has over 1,400 staff across offices and fulfillment centres in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.
The company is committed to equal opportunities for all of employees and to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at aCommerce are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, gender, sexuality, age, family or parental status, or any other status that may be protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.