The aCommerce Management Platform has a rich set of services that allow users to perform various operational functions related to ecommerce. Within the Regional Technology team, the common platform team builds a broad range of micro-services and frameworks that the aCommerce Product Development teams build on top of. This elite team works on very diverse services including enterprise scale portal frameworks, Identity systems, and seamlessly integrates a number of 3rd party products in a way that makes the aCommerce systems powerful, yet simple. This team is looking for a front-end specialist that is also capable of building server-side components supporting the front-end. The sky's the limit as to the breadth of technologies that this team gets to work with.
Duties and responsibilities
- Builds, extends and maintains the front-end web portal of the aCommerce Management Platform
- Builds microservices that wrap 3rd party applications such as QlikSense, Jasper reports and other domain-specific, yet general purpose frameworks.
- Responsible for common parts of a portal including a OAuth Identity provider and underlying user directory.
- Researches the use of new open source and paid products to understand their applicability for inclusion into the aCommerce user experience
- Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Strong knowledge and background of Software Development Life Cycle activities (Design, Implementation, Code Review, Unit Testing, Debugging, and Release) with experience in agile software development practices strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of at least 2 server-side programming languages such as C#, Java, Ruby, Python with proficiency in Python a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience in Promoting Process Improvement, Problem Solving, Presenting Technical Information, Quality Focus, Operating Systems, Attention to Detail, Information Security Policies
- Experience of working on either geographically distributed & multi-disciplinary project streams with proven ability to concurrently manage multiple projects or initiatives
- As aCommerce works in multiple countries, a good command of written and spoken English is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing stakeholders and setting expectations in the context of a fast moving development team
- A Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any related fields.
- Proficient to native use of Thai language. Able to interact with team members unable to express themselves effectively outside of Thai language is preferred.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Redis, or Hadoop a plus.
- Good awareness of developer testing practices such as automated unit testing strongly preferred
- Understanding of continuous deployment technologies such as docker, Jenkins and configuration management tools such as ansible, chef, puppet a plus
Founded in May 2013, aCommerce has over 1,400 staff across offices and fulfillment centres in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.
The company is committed to equal opportunities for all of employees and to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at aCommerce are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, gender, sexuality, age, family or parental status, or any other status that may be protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.