The aCommerce Management Platform has a rich set of services that allow users to perform various operational functions related to ecommerce. Within the Regional Technology team, the data engineering team provides a single truth of the data sets across the company. This data includes broad categories of content including Marketing, Web Stores, Supply Chain, Sales Channel, Delivery, Consumer Behavior, Customers & Clients, and other components critical to the success of our organization. As such, this role gives the engineer a very broad view of how the business works and how the ecommerce ecosystem functions. The team works on diverse data technologies including petabyte scale OLAPs, Hadoop clusters, Departmental OLTPs and this diversity will continue to grow as the company matures. We strongly promote a learning culture and this requires us to stay on the cutting edge of Big Data. This team is looking for a new graduate to groom into a first class big data engineer working in an Agile data development team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Builds, extends and maintains content sets in the Data Warehouse
- Ingests new content sets and models their storage in the Data Warehouse. This includes the development of ETL data flows and documentation sets that help users understand the data being captured
- Collaborate with peers to extend our ETL pipeline and enhance its capabilities
- Researches the use of new open source and paid products to understand their applicability for inclusion into the aCommerce data platform
- Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- A new graduate who has had internships or class experience on Data development
- Basic knowledge of SQL required.
- Proficiency in Python is a strong plus but we allow learning on the job
- As aCommerce works in multiple countries, a good command of written and spoken English is required
- A Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any related field
- Proficient to native use of Thai language required
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Redis, or Hadoop a plus.
- A proven ability to self-study and grow knowlege beyond formal classroom settings. Problem solving and diagnostic skills are strongly preferred
- A good team player willing to learn from team mates and eventually coach new members of the team
- Legally allowed to work in Thailand without company sponsorship of a work permit
Founded in May 2013, aCommerce has over 1,400 staff across offices and fulfillment centres in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.
The company is committed to equal opportunities for all of employees and to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at aCommerce are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, gender, sexuality, age, family or parental status, or any other status that may be protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.