About Accion Systems
At Accion [pronounced AX-ee-on], we're working to change the world by making outer space more affordable and accessible. We come to work every day to build next-generation ion engines and other cool technologies for spacecraft. Our younger selves would be very proud of us.
Our team is excited about our mission and we work AND play hard together to achieve it. We offer competitive salary and benefits (including health, dental, 401(k) with match, gym membership reimbursement, and unlimited vacation), and we engage our team through activities including an annual retreat, weekly lunches, monthly team outings, and the chance to travel to and present at industry events. We strongly value self-motivated, enthusiastic employees and we work hard as a group to nurture growth mindsets in company and personal goals.
About This Position
We’re seeking a test engineer to support critical testing activities on spacecraft hardware. Duties will include test planning, designing, setting up, overseeing, data collecting and analyzing. This role is crucial to the successful and timely development of our propulsion system products. Ideally, each candidate has experience with harsh environment testing: more specifically aerospace related testing. A strong emphasis will be on test design and data collection. This role also involves operating tests and development of ground support equipment. Nearly all work involves advanced aerospace technologies such as vacuum chambers, ion beams and radiation hardened high voltage electronics.
Key responsibilities include:
· Leading critical tests and data collection
· Hands-on test preparation such as test set-up, fixture assembly and mounting
· Creating test plans including verification and validation tables
· Test procedure development and deployment
· Test design for critical flight hardware
· Oversight of complex, aerospace, environmental, vacuum and R&D testing
· Support of troubleshooting activities
· Test station support such as build-up, calibration, purchasing and maintenance
· Documentation of key activities such as test reports, quality control and failures
· Some oversight of test personnel
· Vacuum chamber experience (<1 micro-Torr pressures)
· Experience with test instrumentation such as DAQs, DMMs, power supplies, oscilloscopes, signal generators, thermocouples/temp sensors, pressure sensors, accelerometers
· Hands-on lab build-up of electromechanical assemblies
· Experience with qualification and acceptance testing of hardware products
· Experience with environmental testing and proper mechanical test fixturing
· Experience in procedure development
· Experience with measurement accuracy and sources of measurement error
· Experience working with ESD sensitive hardware
· Experience with testing for harsh environments such as vibration, radiation, shock, thermal vacuum and humidity
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Proficiency with MS Word & Excel
Nice to have:
· Experience with HiPot testers, current probes, temperature meters
· Experience working in clean environment
· Aerospace environmental testing
· Military and other high-reliability requirements
· High-voltage (up to 5 kV) rated equipment
· Mechanical design and/or machining abilities
· Automated test equipment and data acquisition
· Any of the following: Labview, Matlab, Omnify, Altium, SolidWorks, AutoCAD
The position is full-time, on-site, and available to be filled immediately.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other protected factor.