Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela is looking for an experienced, well-rounded Sr. Tech Writer with API experience to join our growing Tech Pubs team.
Come work with us in a fast-paced, agile environment! We’ll help you get up to speed on the Civic Platform so that you can describe it to our customers in clear and concise terms. You’ll play an important role in the API team to help design usable and consistent API, which also makes your job describing the API more efficient and effective. You’ll be working closely with the product architect to draft the API using the standard Swagger/OpenAPI Specification. You’ll need a good understanding of REST API design, general programming design principles, and micro services concepts. Exposure to programming languages such as Java or .NET is definitely a plus.
You’ll also write new feature and configuration topics for a variety of audiences, from end-users to administrators. You’ll work with awesome developers, product managers, QA, and UX in a vibrant, open environment where knowledge and ideas are shared, and everyone pitches in to help each other achieve product milestones.
We use a variety of industry-standard tools like oXygen XML, FrameMaker, Jira, Confluence, Salesforce Community, SwaggerHub, Postman, and Github. Working with the API team, you will get exposure to API management tools such as Azure and Logentries.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Create and update product documentation for enterprise government software
- Review Jira stories, interview subject matter experts, and use the software
- Draft accurate procedures, get screenshots, and write great docs
- Attend scrum meetings and standups
- Coordinate documentation reviews and collaborate on content with team members
- Consistently meet documentation deadlines
Expertise you will bring in:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Sr. Technical Writer or API Writer
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience using XML authoring tools, such as oXygen XML Author (a huge plus, as this is our standard), Adobe FrameMaker, or Arbortext Epic.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience writing for a developer audience with a heavy emphasis on API
- Experience using agile software development tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.