Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an alternative approach to the traditional split of IT Operations and Product Development teams, pioneered by Google. SRE is driven by Software Engineers running Cloud Operations. Our SRE mission is to protect and improve the software and systems of Accela - with an emphasis on availability, latency, performance, and capacity. It is DevOps with a software engineering focus.
As with traditional Operations groups, we keep important systems up and running despite all sources of disruption. As an SRE on the SRE team, you will have the opportunity to tackle the complex problems of scale and availability while using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and system design.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Design, develop and implement software to improve Accela's software system availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency. Scale solution to the business need.
- Lead problem solving for critical services and build automation to prevent future recurrence. Drive response automation to all non-critical service conditions to increase productivity through decreased operational load.
- Drive the creation and adoption of new designs, architectures, standards, guidelines and approaches for software development.
- Perform full system analysis on software performance in addition to capacity planning, and demand forecasting.
- Participate in balanced on-call.
- Conduct operations support including the execution of software releases, production data updates, and utilize system expertise to answer user questions around system function.
Expertise you will bring in:
- 7+ years software engineering experience
- Experience working in a Microsoft environment
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with software version control
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting complex systems
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Demonstrated systematic approach to problem solving
- Use of Azure (CLI/API)
- Use of AWS (CLI/API)
- Competency in Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform or Salt Stack
- Competency in using Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby or Go.
- Experience in monitoring, trending, and logging tools
- Experience in cloud infrastructure and tooling
- Experience in developing an Automated CI/CD pipeline
- PowerShell experience.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.