Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
The job of the Solutions Architect is to take complex government processes and architect intuitive, easy-to-use packaged solutions on the Accela Civic Platform. In a Solution Architect role, you will be the owner of your solutions from end to end, including design, implementation, packaging, publishing and tracking adoption. Your solutions will be used by local and federal government agencies across the world.
The Solution Architect is a subject matter expert in three or more categories that may include: government process, application architecture, database & reporting, integration, security, cloud computing, mobility, and analytics.
With a broad IT background including solution architecture, technical infrastructure, cloud computing, the software development process (SDLC), and user experience design, the Solution Architect will be assigned to small-medium delivery projects to architect and implement cutting-edge, user-friendly solutions that meet the customers needs. The Solution Architect will determine which Accela Civic Platform technologies to leverage based upon customer requirements, product knowledge, industry experience and Accela methodologies.
The Solution Architect will also participate in the delivery of best practices, packaged solution libraries, delivery tool development, educational/training sessions, and industry events for existing customers, partners and to internal teams.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Understand the customer needs and establish the best solutions that address the technical and business requirements
- Always design with a focus on user experience
- Work closely with Delivery Managers, Consultants, Partners and directly with customers to architect technology solutions that meet the customer’s needs
- Take ownership of the solutions from end to end, including architecting, testing, documenting, packaging and publishing
- Deliver redistributable packaged solutions to be used by customers all over the world
- Define best practices and delivery standards
- Mentor the project teams, enforce best practices and ensure all solutions deliver a positive user experience
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the customer and the project team
- Manage customer expectations and drive adoption of the solutions delivered
- Conduct architecture and technical workshops
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to productize proven packaged solutions
- Mentor and guide junior level Architects
Expertise you will bring in:
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of UI/UIX design thinking
- A good understanding of the architectural principles of cloud based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers
- Understanding of cloud offerings and ability to discuss cloud architectures
- A good understanding of enterprise application integration, data migration (ETL), business intelligence
- Architectural and development experience of Web Services, responsive web design and mobile apps
- Understanding of the principles of network, application and information security
- Ability to lead customer facing sessions that result in a clear understanding of the requirements
- Previous practitioner or implementation experience of the Accela Civic Platform
- Experience with a professional consulting organization (e.g. Big 5 consulting)
- Government domain knowledge and experience
- Excellent customer facing skills with the ability to explain technical items to non-technical users
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.