Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
As a Software Engineer, you will drive the design, implementation and support of our civic platform. We are looking for people who have a deep understanding of software engineering, web product development, and who are passionate about technology and eager to drive platform innovation.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Participate in the development of a next-generation SaaS platform, primarily built upon ASP.NET Web API, .NET Core, Angular2, and TypeScript
- Analyze complex system and business requirements
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale
- Follow Agile development methodologies
- Help establish best-practice development standards by working with developers both within and outside the core team
- Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects
Expertise you will bring in:
- 2+ years of software development experience in cloud based, multi-tiered, enterprise application systems with C#/.NET
- Experience with MS SQL-Server Databases, including SQL and database design
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem solving skills
- Driven to automate everything
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience in computer science or related field of study
- Experience in micro-service or service oriented architectures
- DevOps experience
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays; competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.