Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela is looking for a highly motivated, passionate, and self-driven Technical Director to join a team of engineers in delivering high quality software products to our customers. As a senior technology leader in the Finance and Accounting business (F&A), you will lead the implementation of critical modules to accelerate the delivery of Accela products, while building and managing high performing teams.
Impact you will make in the role:
The Director, Software Development is responsible and accountable for leading product development teams and providing technical direction, mentorship, and resource management to ensure business goals are met through successful project deliveries. This role also contributes to the overall technical strategy of Accela working with other businesses and cross functional teams.
- Provide deep technical leadership to the software engineering department and drive successful delivery of all projects
- Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
- Analyze complex system and business requirements
- Mentor, provide guidance, and help build the software engineering team
- Optimal resource utilization to drive initiatives and produce high quality products
- Assist in setting the technical direction for the team
- Implement processes and metrics, focusing on improving efficiency to ensure that projects are delivered on-time, on-budget, and with high-quality
- Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, and excellence while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of the software engineering department
- Assist in the management of a departmental budget
- Participate and contribute in department and interdepartmental project management
- Be a thought leader and provide frequent updates and risk mitigation strategies to the senior management
- Able to fluently communicate with customers and other stake holders
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of software development experience in cloud based, multi-tiered, enterprise application systems
- More than 5 years of strong management and leadership experience
- .Net, C# 3.5+, .Net Core
- Understanding of API development and SOA
- Experience transitioning monolithic applications to SOA/microservices
- Experience with design patterns
- Experienced with CI/CD
- Proficient in data modeling, stored procedures with MS SQL Server
- Proficient in distributed systems, cloud-based architecture, and cloud functions
- Experience with Functional Programming, Machine Learning, and Microservices a plus
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc)
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.