Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela is setting up a primary development centre in Dublin, Ireland. You will be joining this initial startup team developing GovTech solutions connecting people, things and businesses in Government.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where do you fit:
As a Test Engineer, you will work as an individual contributor testing high configurable products in Integrated continious development environments, implement open source solutions to improve testing productivity, you will be working with team insatiable craving for making applications more consistent and reliable over time, you will be an integrated part of an Agile engineering team, working interactively with software engineers, testing engineers and product managers
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and crazy about providing attention to details.
So, if you are a motivated test engineer looking to join a collaborative, close-knit team, drop us a line. You might be a perfect fit!
Impact you will make in the role:
- Collaborate with Product Management and other departments to analyze business requirements and develop test solutions
- Experience developing automated tests using open source tools that integrate into existing testing frameworks
- Practical experience in testing and building test automation for web and mobile applications
- Good understanding of Agile/Scrum processes and experience participating in an agile team
- Experience in automating REST and SOAP API’s
- Ability to analyze the code and suggest improvements
- Proven experience with delivering high quality software products
- Practical experience using source code control systems, especially Git
- Working knowledge of QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches
Expertise you will bring in:
- 5+ years professional experience in software testing for Civic and COTS based web and/or mobile applications
- 3+ years of proven hands-on experience with automation testing using Java, Ruby, Python or any open source tools (Selenium/Appium)
- 2+ years in API testing and working knowledge using SQL
- 3+ years working experience with issue tracking tools (e.g., TFS, Jira) and version control (e.g., TFVC, Git)
- Strong understanding of Web technologies ( J2EE and .Net)
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Central Dublin Office Location
- 25 vacation days
- Ireland Standard Holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Supplemental Healthcare Package
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.