Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela is setting up a primary development centre in Dublin, Ireland. You will be joining this initial startup team developing GovTech solutions connecting people, things and businesses in Government.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where do you fit:
As a frontend-mobile developer, you will work as an individual contributor delivering exceptional customer experiences and leading the implementation of critical features to accelerate the delivery of Accela’s products – both on the web and mobile. You will be part of the Accela Civic Platform engineering team developing new features and capabilities on a hybrid mobile application built on Ionic framework.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and crazy about providing attention to details.
So, if you are a motivated developer looking to join a collaborative, close-knit team, drop us a line. You might be a perfect fit!
Impact you will make in the role:
- Develop Accela’s next generation mobile applications using Ionic 2 and Angular 2 frameworks to deliver apps on iOS and Android
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and QA engineers to deliver high quality mobile applications
- Participate on an Agile team, with daily scrum meetings, as well as planning and grooming meetings
- Ability to implement complex product architecture and system design
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, documenting and implementing software best practices
- Optimize web and mobile applications to maximize speed and scale
- Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class without causing any negative impact
Expertise you will bring in:
- 4+ years of software development experience as a frontend software engineer
- Experience with Ionic 2 and/or Angular 2 framework
- Experience with TypeScript is preferred but not required.
- Experience building complex layouts with HTML5, CSS3, and Flexbox
- Experience consuming data from REST services
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem solving skills
- Native iOS and Android development experience preferable, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Central Dublin Office Location
- 25 vacation days
- Ireland Standard Holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Supplemental Healthcare Package
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.