Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela is setting up a primary development centre in Dublin, Ireland. You will be joining this initial startup team developing GovTech solutions connecting people, things and businesses in Government.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where do you fit:
As a Quality Engineer, you will be an individual contributor accelerating software testing, typically working with software product and development team, capable of handling tasks to accelerate the testing delivery and to improve the quality for Applications at Accela. You will be part of an Engineering team analyzing business requirements, develop and execute test suites to provide maximum test coverage, building test automation suite using open source tools and Integrate with CI/CD process. As a result, you will have exposure to a broader set of problems, understanding customer experience, improving product quality which enables fast career growth and proximity to abundant technical challenges.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Collaborate with Product Management and other departments to analyze business requirements and develop test solutions
- Participate on an Agile team, with daily scrum meetings, as well as planning and grooming meetings
- Perform test case authoring and execution for all the release cycles implementing software best practices
- Automating Web, API’s and Mobile based applications
- Ability to analyze the code and suggest improvements
- Practical experience using source code control systems, especially Git
- Implement QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches
- Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
- Ability to work with cross functional teams geographically located by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering and any related discipline
- 3-5 years of Software testing experience for web based/Mobile applications
- Strong understanding in Web technologies and experience in scripting languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, ANT or Maven
- Hands on experience in building test automation scripts, frameworks and test harness solutions using open source tools
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience in taking ownership in core functional product areas
- Solid understanding of SQL and API testing experience doing data quality testing with large data sets
- Experience working in fast paced Agile environments with working knowledge of Scrum principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of Source Control systems and build process
- Participate in defect triage meetings and provide defect & test reports to project team
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Central Dublin Office Location
- 25 vacation days
- Ireland Standard Holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Supplemental Healthcare Package
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.