Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Accela is setting up a primary development centre in Dublin, Ireland. You will be joining this initial startup team developing GovTech solutions connecting people, things and businesses in Government.
Where you fit:
As a front and backend developer, you will work as an individual contributor solving deep technical issues, troubleshooting, researching and have professional interaction with Support/Services/Customers. In this role you will be a subject matter expert for Accela Core products, providing technical advice and guidance to internal and external teams.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and crazy about providing attention to details.
So, if you are a motivated developer looking to join a collaborative, close-knit team, drop us a line. You might be a perfect fit!
Impact you will make in the role:
- Reproduce product behavior to determine the problem root-cause and find work-arounds and solutions
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to Support and Partner teams
- Fix errors by making appropriate code changes; validate the program using test automation approach to ensure desired results are produced
- Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class without causing any negative impact
- Develop tools to improve productivity; drive productivity through business process improvements
- Expertise in reading software code to understand the Architecture implementation and use the knowledge in recreating customer issues
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, black box test, with a focus on automation
Expertise you will bring in:
- 3-5 years of development experience
- Experience of the following is highly desirable: JAVA 1.7 & higher, any messaging system, JBoss/Wildfly server, Tomcat, Linux, HTTP, SOAP/REST Web Services, XML, JSON
- Solid engineering experience working on EJBs and the web layer, Spring Framework, Maven, Hibernate
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- In-depth knowledge of PL/SQL, stored procedures, schema design in large scale relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL. Nosql database design and optimization experience is a plus
- Demonstrated experience as a Technical Support Engineer
- Proven experience delivering excellent customer experiences
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Central Dublin Office Location
- 25 vacation days
- Ireland Standard Holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Supplemental Healthcare Package
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.