Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela is setting up a primary development centre in Dublin, Ireland. In the first phase, Accela expects to hire 50 engineers. You will be joining this initial startup team developing GovTech solutions connecting people, things and businesses in Government.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
You probably have a background in Computer Science but your formal education is not the most important factor. We really care more about your ability to quickly put thoughts into code and develop new products from scratch fast.
As a full stack developer, you will work as an individual contributor on a team of talented engineers to implement and support critical features to accelerate the delivery of Accela’s cloud based products. You will be part of a team working on a range of Accela products.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and has a keen eye for attention to details.
So, if you are a motivated developer looking to join a collaborative, close-knit team, drop us a line. You might be a perfect fit!
Impact you will make in the role:
- Participate in the development of a next-generation SaaS platform, primarily built upon ASP.NET Web API, .NET Core, Angular2, and TypeScript
- Analyze complex system and business requirements
- Optimize applications to maximize speed and scale
- Follow Agile development methodologies
- Perform Code Reviews, Unit testing, documenting and implementing software best practices
- Work directly with the Product team to deliver world class software
- Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects
Expertise you will bring in:
- 2+ years of software development experience in cloud based, multi-tiered, enterprise application systems with C#/.NET
- Experience with MS SQL-Server Databases, including SQL and database design
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem solving skills
- Driven to automate everything
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience in computer science or related field of study
- Experience in micro-service or service oriented architectures
- DevOps experience
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and a competitive benefits package
Accela is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.