Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Springbrook is a division of Accela, providing cloud-based software solutions to local governments for utility billing, payments, payroll and finance with over 500 customers across the country.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Why Accela and Springbrook:
Accela and Springbrook offers employees a culture that emphasizes collaboration, performance, and productivity. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
As a Software Engineer, you will work as an individual contributor capable of contributing to the architectural discussions and implementing critical modules to accelerate the delivery of Springbrook products while working with other team members on the product. You will be part of the core Springbrook payments team, developing new features and capabilities and integrating with other Springbrook and third-party products and frameworks. You will work in the product development team and, as a result, have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your skills.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Participate in the development of a next-generation SaaS platform, primarily built upon ASP.NET Web API, .NET Core, Angular, and TypeScript
- Analyze complex system and business requirements
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and improve software development practices
- Optimize client- and server-side applications to maximize speed and scale
- Learn business domain to help create efficient solutions with team members
- Work with a cross-functional team to include software and QA engineers, product management, and operations
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Ability to work as a team player
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful, and proactive problem-solving skills
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc.)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Experience developing software with C# and the .NET Framework
- Exposure to MS SQL-Server Databases, including SQL, stored procedures, and database design
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems Strong and demonstrable experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CI/CD)
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Experience in micro-service or service-oriented architectures
- Experience with TypeScript
- DevOps experience
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.