Want to transform the financial industry? Abra has the world’s first cross-currency mobile wallet based on the Bitcoin blockchain. Abra enables the easy buy and sell of Bitcoins and conversions to and from fiat currencies for money transfers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will write server side code that powers Abra’s mobile apps. You will build a robust and scalable back-end infrastructure that facilitates digital cash transactions between smartphone users all around the world. We’re building a high volume transactional system that exposes a simple, usable set of APIs on top of crypto-currencies and associated smart contracts. You will also help with writing test automation to assure that our solutions delight our customers.
- Collaboratively identify product requirements and design architecture with Product, UX, and Mobile App development team
- Write server side Scala APIs for crypto-currency transactions
- Write automated tests for those APIs
- Conduct early project scoping and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Skills and Requirements
- +5 Years in server side development
- Deep expertise in REST and RESTful APIs
- Expertise in Scala a must
- Experience in Java for Test automation
- JBehave or Cucumber, Git, continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently and independently with minimal oversight
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in modern test techniques such as Test and Behavior Driven Development (TDD and BDD)