Abl’s dynamic school scheduling platform makes it easy to design and manage the daily life of your school. Our simple, cloud-based tools work alongside your student information system and eliminate the need for spreadsheets, magnet boards, and stacks of papers.
Our first product is a next-generation Master Scheduler that simplifies and streamlines the entire master scheduling process. Developed in collaboration with secondary schools from around the country, Abl’s Master Scheduler is a smart, flexible platform that enables school leaders to quickly visualize tradeoffs and meet the unique needs of every student and teacher.
We are seeking a Front-End Software Engineer to join our team and help build products that support our mission. We are growing quickly and there is a lot to do! Your contributions will have a meaningful impact on our company.
- You should have a great feel for user experience and an eye for beautiful designs
- Bring a deep understanding of best practices in design, optimization, interaction, and usability
- Continual learning of emerging technologies/industry trends
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
- Work collaboratively with the Product and Design team to understand the experiences and pain points of schools, teachers, and students
- Define and build compelling new products and exciting new features that give educators insights that will enable them to optimize how they use their resources
- Use your extensive knowledge of front-end technologies to build high-quality designs that are scalable
- Manage code review, increase performance, and communicate best front-end engineering practices
- Create a first of its kind interface that will progress K-12 schools and their communities
Abl employees all share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.