Technology has made the world more connected, fundamentally changing how we live, work and interact. Yet traditional schools have not evolved to prepare students for the 21st century. Replacing textbooks with tablets won’t be enough. We believe schools need a new foundation. That’s why we’re building an operating system that helps schools use data to respond to the individual needs of their teachers and students. Our goal is to empower schools to adopt new approaches by helping them better leverage their time and resources.
Abl is looking for a talented, front-end engineer who wants to build products that make a difference for students and teachers nationwide. We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about user experience, and who will develop a deep understanding of how users interact with our software. In this role, you will have a major voice in the direction and design of our product.
- A passion for thinking deeply about how users will experience the products you build
- A deep understanding and passion for HTML, CSS, and the tools and frameworks that make large HTML/CSS codebases manageable
- Knowledge or willingness and ability to become fluent in React and Ruby
- Familiarity with server-side frameworks like Ruby on Rails or Node.js is a plus
- Help found an engineering team that will conceptualize and build a brand new product that will change the education industry
- Continually participate in planning and designing new product features
- Improve interactivity and usability of our product
- Build tools to visualize complex student and class data to highlight useful insights
Adam Pisoni, CEO "As a former engineer, I'm excited to work with someone who balances technical expertise, with a passion for creating real solutions for real people."
Ryan Triggs, Engineering "I'd love to work with someone who is energized by using their technical skills to help people, and who values approaching complex problems with humility."
Ravi Gadad, Engineering "I'm excited to work with someone who wants to be a catalyst for positive change; someone who believes in meeting people where they are, but helping them discover the tremendous possibilities opened up by leveraging technology."
Abl employees all share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value the diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.