Infrastructure Software Engineer
6sense helps B2B marketing and sales organizations fully understand the complex ABM buyer journey. By combining intent signals from every channel with the industry’s most advanced AI predictive capabilities, it is finally possible to predict account demand and optimize demand generation in an ABM world. Equipped with the power of AI and the 6sense Demand Platform™, marketing and sales professionals can uncover, accelerate, and capture buyer demand to drive more revenue.
Infrastructure Software Engineers at 6sense are true hybrid developers and operations engineers. They are responsible for ensuring our services and infrastructure are fast, stable, and scalable. They build out any services and tooling we need that are not readily available via third-party packages or services. They provide guidance on best practices to the overall Software Engineering team.
Operational tasks such as infrastructure, build/release, CI/CD, database administration, and systems administration also fall within their realm of responsibilities.
- Develop and deploy services to improve the availability, ease of management, and visibility of 6sense systems
- Architecting, building, and scaling out our services and infrastructure
- Learning and adopting technologies that may aide in solving our challenges
Own our systems like our Hadoop and Presto clusters, front/back-end services, infrastructure components, and everything in between
Write/review/debug production code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug live production problems
Contributing back to open-source projects if we need to add or patch functionality
- Support the overall Software Engineering team to resolve any issues they encounter
- 1+ years of experience with Linux/Unix system administration and networking fundamentals
- 3+ years in a Software Engineering role or equivalent experience
- Strong skills in reading code as well as writing clean, maintainable, and scalable code
- Good knowledge of Python and Java
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining scalable service-oriented architecture
- Knowledge of standard security practices
- Experience with high-availability
- Experience with modern configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet) and idempotency
- Exposure to modern build systems such as Bazel, Buck, or Pants
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Presto) including deployment, scaling, and maintenance
- Exposure to Docker
Posted by 6sense