Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale or San Francisco, CA
6sense is a Predictive Intelligence Engine that is re-imagining how B2B companies do sales and marketing. We work with big data at scale and use advanced machine learning to find buyers and predict which companies will purchase from our customers, when and how much.
DevOps Engineers at 6sense are true hybrid developers and operations engineers. They are responsible for ensuring our services and infrastructure are fast, stable, and scalable. They also build out any services and tooling we need that are not already attainable via open source packages. Operational tasks such as infrastructure, build/release, and systems administration also fall within their realm of responsibilities.
The drive of our visionary CEO and the quality of our work has lead to unprecedented success of our product with customers like Cisco, Dell, Netsuite, Bluejeans, etc.
We are venture funded by the likes of Battery Ventures, Venrock, Bain and Salesforce.
Join us to enable the 6sense teams build a better predictive platform which helps companies find their next customer.
- Develop and deploy services to improve the availability, ease of management, and visibility of 6sense systems.
- Contribute to building and scaling out our infrastructure.
- Learning and adopting new technologies that may aide in solving our challenges.
Own our systems like our Hadoop cluster, front-end/back-end services, infrastructure components like our Memcache infrastructure, and everything in between
Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the production problems
Write code and build services that will be used in production
- 1+ years of experience with Linux/Unix system administration and networking fundamentals
- Experience with modern configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet) and idempotency
- Strong skills in reading code as well as writing clean, maintainable, and scalable code
- Good knowledge of Python
- 3+ years in a Developer and/or DevOps-related role or equivalent experience
- Experience building and maintaining scalable SOA infrastructure
- Exposure to Docker
- Knowledge of standard security practices
- Experience with high-availability
- Knowledge and understanding of Java and related tools (e.g. Maven, Dropwizard, etc)
- Exposure to modern build systems such as Bazel, Buck, or Pants
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem including deployment and maintenance