Our mission is to connect the world’s photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website and mobile apps to find, share, and get rewarded for the world’s most inspiring photography.
We take pride in the products we ship and love what we do. Our engineering culture values mentorship, ownership, collaboration, and getting stuff done.
Our technology stack includes: Swift, Python, Ruby/Rails, Go, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch. Check out our Engineering Blog for more.
You’ll improve the mobile experience across all of 500px, without compromising on performance, usability or accessibility. You’ll take advantage of latest and greatest technologies available on iOS platforms to help us build incredibly useful and innovative mobile apps that our users love. You’ll bring energy to the team, by being adaptable, productive, and by learning quickly.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build and improve 500px’s mobile experiences
- Work closely with product and design teams to ensure consistent UX and polish across our entire cross-platform experience
- Be an advocate for mobile, and help guide our overall product roadmap
What the Ideal Candidate Will Have
- In-depth knowledge of iOS platform and APIs.
- An eye for platform-specific user experience guidelines, i.e. familiarity with the iOS Human Interface Guidelines.
- Experience publishing native apps to iTunes Store.
- Flexibility, and a commitment to fix problems wherever they lie, regardless of tech stack
- Interesting technical challenges
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible hours
- Catered lunches, snacks and drinks
- Great health and dental benefits
- Professional development opportunities
Our Interview Process
- Phone screen: < 60 min conversation with a hiring manager.
- Coding challenge: We'll ask you to write some code, and then share it with us to review.
- In-person interviews: 3-5 hours at our office where you'll meet multiple members of our team.
We believe diverse teams perform better, and we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.