Do you want to solve complex problems and build systems that will change the Internet? Do you want to be part of a company that is on the cutting edge of technology? Do you want to work with a world-class team of engineers? Do you have what it takes?
The Engineering team at 128 Technology is looking for a Solutions Test Engineer who will be responsible for building, running and managing our solutions test infrastructure. We are looking for an extremely motivated senior engineer who can work independently and help build our application that will control the networking technologies we are developing.
- Develop scalable automation solution test infrastructure, based on Python and Robot framework using clean code practices.
- Oversee and mentor junior engineers and help set quality standards for the team.
- Utilize DevOps tools and environments to simulate different network topologies, such as AWS, Open Stack, KVM, Ansible, Salt and similar.
- Automate in house and third-party traffic generation tools to verify different network paths across different topologies.
- Work together to run and manage a scalable build and continuous integration infrastructure.
- Help define monitoring standards and tools appropriate for different network elements.
- Diagnose issues identified by network monitoring and work to resolve issues.
- Continuously assist with issues that arise from the field as well as internally.
- Provide suggestions for improvement in Development or Testing practices to increase efficiency.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or other related discipline.
- 7+ years of experience in software development/testing.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and WAN data communications.
- Understanding of routing protocols and concepts.
- Experience in Spirent/Load Testing is preferred.
- Must have experience modeling/simulation of complex scenarios and comprehensive end to end automation.
- Continuous Load/Test automation development experience.
- Experience with IaaS adoption in a non-virtualized legacy environment..
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Linux kernel development and/or performance tuning.
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as; OpenStack, Ansible, Cobbler or Nagios.
- Good sense of humor.