Do you want to solve complex problems and build systems that will change the Internet? Do you want to be part of a company that is on the cutting edge of technology? Do you want to work with a world-class team of engineers? Do you have what it takes?
The engineering team at 128 Technology is looking for a software engineer focused on developing industry leading software based routing solutions. There is the opportunity to work with new technologies and multiple large-scale networks, each with their own unique challenges, requirements, and business goals. We are looking for extremely motivated engineers who can work collaboratively to help build carrier-grade networking infrastructure.
- Design for solutions for next-gen routed networks.
- Develop state-of-the art routing solutions while implementing and supporting interoperability with legacy routed networks
- Customer design first mentality to make software easy do deploy and use.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- 8+ years experience in developing large-scale software/network systems and services software on all platforms
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm and object-oriented design, problem solving, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Extensive working experience with development, debugging and testing multi-threaded applications on distributed systems.
- Thorough understanding of IP networking and socket-based programming
- Excellent C++ developer and debugging skills
- Intimate understanding of IP Routing Protocols such as; BGP, ISIS, OSPF.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- Ability to deliver clean, modular code quickly and efficiently
- Strong background in developing networking software applications on Linux/Unix.
- Familiarity with Free Range Routing, Quagga, Zebra
- Working experience with C++11/14
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and able to adapt and thrive in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Good sense of humor.