10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Linux Systems Engineer - Site Reliability
We are looking for an exceptional site reliability engineer with a solid understanding of Linux and distributed computing to join our team. Our multi-disciplinary team in microfluidics, biochemistry, mechanical engineering, computational biology, and software has a proven track record of delivering successful commercial products built on deep technological innovation. If you are a self-starter who is passionate about building reliable, scalable and performant systems, takes pride in finding the best technology solutions for science and business problems, and is excited to work in a highly collaborative environment alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
- Design, build and maintain Linux and related high performance computing (HPC) systems and storage on premise and in the cloud for scientific computing.
- Work closely with software, computational biology, and R&D teams to identify computing requirements and develop solutions.
- Monitor infrastructure and applications for uptime and resource utilization, identify performance bottlenecks, troubleshoot system issues, and develop solutions to improve reliability and performance.
- Scale systems and improve operational efficiency through automation.
- Maintain detailed documentation of system build and operational procedures.
- Off-hour support may be required on occasions.
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of Linux systems engineering experience in a medium to large scale environment.
- Extensive experience with provisioning and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Knowledge of Linux kernel tuning, networking and performance optimization.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language.
- Strong desire to learn and implement new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, GCE).
- Experience in managing network-attached storage (NAS) and operational knowledge of NFS protocol.
- Familiar with HPC workload managers such as SGE or Slurm.
- Working knowledge of LDAP and Active Directory.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.