10x Genomics develops innovative solutions that reveal new insights about biology, disease and the genome. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and software, our Chromium platform is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. On the back of its groundbreaking products, 10x Genomics is also one of the fastest-growing companies in biotech, growing from $3M revenue in 2015, to an expected $120M+ in 2018. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Senior Web Developer
10x has developed multiple internal and external web applications to support a variety of functions, including serving customer-facing documentation, managing in-house experiments, viewing active sequencing jobs, and more. We are looking to refine and build additional web applications to both improve our internal processes, and provide new services to our customers. An ideal candidate should have built and designed customer-facing web applications, and be familiar with when to use something off the shelf, or to write their own application, be it with a static site generator such as Jekyll or Hugo, or a full end-to-end stack such as Ruby on Rails, Node/Express, Flask or Django.
- Manage and create a variety of web applications, both internal and external
- Test, deploy and monitor each component in the application stack.
- Work with UI/UX designers to create templates and implement designs.
- Gather requirements from marketing, support and engineering teams.
Required Skills and Background
- 5+ years developing web applications.
- Familiarity with the entire application stack, including database and the server API.
- Portfolio of past customer-facing projects.
Desired Skills and Background
- Real-world experience with authentication and authorization, and knowledge of security best practices.
- Strong aesthetic sense.
- Background in biology and DNA sequencing is not required. Enthusiasm for a broad range of technology fields.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.